Our clinical services team works with all parts of the business to make sure our patients receive the best possible care. They:
- Design and regularly review Clinical Procedures and Guidelines that all paramedics use in their day to day work
- Constantly review paramedic national and international sector standards to keep pace with today’s best practice knowledge and changing service needs
- Take part in sector wide clinical initiatives and new developments
- Carry out clinical audits, and monitor our practice against international best practice Clinical Quality Indicators
- Review and share organisational learnings from complex cases
- Review and approve new clinical equipment
Research and guidelines
Our Clinical Procedures and Guidelines are available for downloading on the left.
These guidelines are presented for informative purposes only. Only those with an authority to practice issued by Wellington Free Ambulance may use these guidelines for the provision of patient care. These guidelines may change from time to time and Wellington Free Ambulance does not guarantee their accuracy once downloaded or printed.
If you wish to make any formal comments or enquiries regarding these guidelines please contact: Chair of the National Ambulance Sector Clinical Working Group c/o Ambulance New Zealand, PO Box 714, Wellington
Patient Information Request
Wellington Free Ambulance takes great care to ensure the privacy of your health information is respected.
Wellington Free Ambulance collects information about you and your health to provide you with appropriate care, to keep you and others safe, to carry out teaching and research, and for statistical purposes.
Be assured that your information is kept secure and only authorised people have access to your information. This may include other agencies, where authorised by law.
Accessing your health information
If you have been a patient of Wellington Free Ambulance, you have a right to request access to any personal health information that we hold and which is readily retrievable.
To apply for your information to be released to you, download and complete the Patient Health Information Release Form on the left with appropriate documents attached as stated in the checklist.