If you would like the chance to be part of an innovative organisation within your community apply for a role at Wellington Free today!
If you would like to apply for one of our current vacancies, please fill in this application form and include it with your CV and cover letter.
Emergency Medical Call Taker
Our Central Emergency Communications Centre (CECL) is a joint venture with St John. Located at our Thorndon Headquarters, CECL is one of three national centres that manages 111 emergency ambulance calls and works with providers to dispatch emergency and non-emergency resources across the southern part of the North Island.
Wellington Free Ambulance is currently seeking Emergency Medical Call Takers. As an Emergency Medical Call Taker, you are the first point of contact for the public and are critical to providing lifesaving advice and assistance.
We are seeking applicants who have:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Effective listening and communication skills
- The maturity to be able to handle callers who are emotionally distressed
- Proficient computer literacy – this will be tested
- No criminal convictions, previous or pending
- The ability to work a 24/7 rostered and rotating shift cycle
Previous call centre and/or customer service experience would be an advantage.
If you are seeking a career in emergency call taking we would love to hear from you. By joining us you’d be making a big difference for the people you help, and for your community. In return we provide comprehensive training and competitive pay.
If you want to be part of an organisation that values passion, caring, openness, integrity and learning please email your covering letter, CV to Tracey Bevan at Tracey@forterecruitment.co.nz. For further information please contact Tracey on 04 901 6444.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 25 May 2018
Quality Improvement and Innovation Team Administrator, 18 020
We are currently looking for a motivated and committed individual to join the Quality Improvement and Innovation Team based in Thorndon.
The team administrator is responsible for providing high quality effective and efficient administrative support to the Executive Director, Quality Improvement and Innovation and their team to enable an excellent standard of service is provided to stakeholders.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you:
- Have well-developed organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Are a competent touch typist and proficient in the Microsoft suite of software
- Are skilled in reporting and presentation
- Have the ability to think analytically and problem solve to manage issues
- Have proven your ability to develop productive working relationships with other employees, volunteers and stakeholders
- Are self-motivated and able to self-manage with the flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- Have the ability to prioritise work and conflicting demands in a fast paced environment
- Have proven minute taking experience
It is also desirable to have:
- Previous experience as a Personal Assistant
- An understanding of current health related legislation and the Privacy Act
- Project administration experience
- Previous experience within the Health Sector
While this is a full time, 40 hours a week role, part time hours between 30-40 hours per week would be considered.
If you want to be part of an organisation that values passion, caring, openness, integrity and learning, please fill out the application form available on our website and send along with your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Keira Peters, HR Business Partner, PO Box 601, Thorndon.
Applications close: 27 May 2018