If you would like the chance to be part of an innovative organisation within your community apply for a role at Wellington Free today!
If you would like to apply for one of our current vacancies, please fill in this application form and include it with your CV and cover letter.
Team Manager - Communications
Wellington Free Ambulance is looking to appoint a permanent fulltime Team Manager in our Wellington based Emergency Communications Centre. You would be one of our four Duty TMC's.
The Communication Centre is strategically important in our organisation, encompassing patient care delivery over the phone and appropriate and effective resource management to meet the needs of our patients, organisation and stakeholders. We help to handle over half a million 111 Ambulance calls a year, from all over New Zealand and dispatch ambulances for the lower half of the North Island.
- Are you motivated to support the development of team members?
- Do you have great people skills?
- Are you able to consistently deliver on performance targets?
- Are you able to juggle multiple demands at once and still remain calm?
- Are you able to make important and often time-critical decisions, quickly?
This role is based within the Central Communication Centre and works a 4 on 4 off cycle including night shifts. (Every 12 weeks you have a block of 20 days off).
To be considered you must:
- Ideally, have extensive experience as a dispatcher or call taker or alternative relevant role within an emergency service.
- Be technologically savvy and a fast learner.
- Have experience in working well in a high pressure environment.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Display great time management skills
- Be willing to go above and beyond what may be required of you
- Be passionate about and committed to the success of the Communications Centre
- Have a proven ability to positively engage with change
- Have proven excellence in working standards
- Have proven team leadership and management skills.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in which you can make a difference and deliver value to the business, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role further, in confidence, please email Kate Jennings, Operations Manager for the Communications Centre at email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday 15 February 2018.