We are the ones who help the sick and injured for the greater Wellington and Wairarapa region. Our Volunteers are a generous and committed team who play a huge part in keeping the ‘free’ in Wellington Free Ambulance.
Volunteers cover a variety of sporting events, community fairs and even live concerts. There is no event too big or too small for us!
Our Volunteers are also involved in community cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training and you will be given the skills to deliver these trainings.
You will receive a uniform, on-going training and support from us to make sure it is a great experience for everyone.
In order to be considered for a volunteer position you will require the following:
- Minimum of a Comprehensive First Aid Certificate (Unit Standards 6400, 6401 and 6402) or equivalent
- full Driver’s License for minimum of 3yrs
- Defensive Driving Certificate received within the last 3yrs
- No criminal convictions, previous or pending
- Be physically fit for lifting and capable of meeting the demands of the role
- Have excellent communication skills and able to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Be available for training both in the evening and in the weekends
- Be willing to work unsupervised
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per month mainly on the weekends
If you meet the above criteria, please send us an email with all of the following information:
- A completed application form (download form on left)
- Cover letter
- Copy of NZ driver’s license
- Two verbal referees at least one being a professional reference
Please email the above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be aware that incomplete applications will not be able to be processed and you will be advised to re-apply at the next intake.
The next volunteer application deadline is 5pm on Sunday 25 March 2018.
Group interviews will take place on Thursday 5 April, 6pm-8pm. Location to be confirmed.
The training requirements for these positions will involve one weekend per month of training for four months. This will be on top of 10 hours volunteer work.
Please take careful consideration of time requirements above before submitting your application.
We will be in contact within ten working days of the cut off dates as to how your application will progress.
The process of becoming a Volunteer from the application closing to being operational can take up to twelve weeks but this will be explained to you in more detail.
If you are interested in making a difference in our community then please apply today.