Need medics at your event?
If you have an event coming up and you’d like skilled, friendly medics on the sideline keeping things safe please read below and drop us a line.
We have an events team made up of trained volunteer medics. They are part of a central support and coordination system led by professional Wellington Free Ambulance paramedics. Our service covers the Greater Wellington and Wairarapa areas.
- First aid emergency care at sports events, school fairs, community gatherings and more.
- Ambulances and medical equipment needed to do the job.
- Medical cover tailored to your needs – our medics use bicycles to support marathon runners.
- Back up emergency paramedic care – event medics are directly linked to our 111 emergency ambulance service.
- Friendly caring people.
- A local service for the Wellington and Wairarapa communities.
We cover events big and small.
What do we need from you?
- The name and type of event you are hosting.
- The start time, end time and date(s) of your event(s).
- How many people you are expecting and who your contact on the day might be.
- A billing address, email address and contact phone number (this is for quotation and to whom your invoice will be sent to).
What will it cost?
Cost depends on the nature of your event and how much risk is involved.
For a pair of First Responders we charge $90 + GST per hour, who can cover basic first aid and pain relief – this will generally cover smaller events.
If you require qualified Paramedics we charge upwards of $75 + GST per hour and are crucial for any higher risk events.
We have a formula we work through with you to make sure we provide the best cover based on the level of risk and need of your participants, staff and the public.
The main thing for us is making sure you have a great, safe event. We’re a part of the local community just like you so work hard to keep costs real, and quality high.
The best thing to do is talk to us by contacting us at Events@wfa.org.nz