Looking for a change and want to make a difference in your community? Find your calling at Wellington Free Ambulance!
We have a wide range of volunteer and career opportunities available throughout the region, check out our current vacancies below and come join the team!
Volunteer Event Medic
If you want to make a difference in your community, we are looking for volunteer Event Medics to join our Events team.
Our Volunteer Event Medics are at the heart of our community work. They cover a variety of sporting events, community fairs, live concerts and more. They also train community groups in CPR and also back our front line crews in emergencies.
To be considered for this role you must have a:
- Minimum of a Comprehensive First Aid Certificate (Unit Standards 6400, 6401 and 6402) or equivalent
- A full NZ Driver’s License for a minimum of 3 years
- Defensive Driving Certificate received within the last 3 years
- No criminal convictions, previous or pending
- Be physically fit for lifting and capable of meeting the demands of the role
- Have excellent communications skills and be able to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Be available for training (training will be on evenings and weekends)
It’s a lot to ask, but caring for our community is an important job. If you meet the criteria, and want to become an Event Medic, email [email protected] with the following:
- A completed application form (available on at the top of this page)
- Cover Letter and CV
- Copy of your NZ Driver’s License
- Copy of current First Aid Certificate
- Copy of Defensive Driving Certificate
Please ensure you send all documentation above or we will be unable to process your application.
If you do not hold a current Comprehensive First Aid Certificate you will be required to obtain one prior to the first training date. A Defensive Driving Certificate must be obtained before driving training begins. All training dates will be confirmed with you following successful completion of the group interview.
There is an extensive training process and we will talk you through the whole process at the group interview on the 14 July 2020. The training involved in becoming an Event Medic for Wellington Free Ambulance will involve one full weekend per month for five months.
Ambulance Officer (All ATPs)
We are looking new recruits across all ATP levels to join the team.
Graduate Paramedic Internship
We are currently seeking applicants for our one year Graduate Internship programme.
This highly sought after programme provides a great opportunity for graduates of a Bachelor of Health Science in Paramedicine to gain on-the-job experience alongside a dedicated preceptor.
The programme provides a structured and supported learning environment to enable you to develop independent skills to gain an Authority to Practice (ATP) as an Emergency Medical Technician.
After one year of consolidation all staff are able to apply for the Paramedic ATP.
We are seeking applicants who have:
- A New Zealand Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedicine) degree or overseas equivalent (or completing in the year of application)
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence, and no criminal convictions, previous or pending
- The ability to work full time on a rostered and rotating shift cycle including night shifts
Wellington Free accepts applications all year round however, we run four graduate intakes throughout the year.
Please note: International applicants must be available for a phone interview during the dates indicated. National and international shortlisted applicants must also be available to be in Wellington for the assessment centre dates indicated. You will only be required to attend one day.
If this sounds like you, please fill out the application form available at the top of this page and return to [email protected] along with your CV and cover letter.