Event Medic Support
Event Medical Services
Wellington Free Ambulance’s Event Medics are here for you, keeping you and your whānau safe and well-cared for at high profile events across Greater Wellington and Wairarapa.
You may recognise us by our lights and sirens, but our Event Medical Services is a central part of Wellington Free Ambulance’s work. From concerts and festivals, and marathons to significant sport games, we’re on the sidelines ready to help.
If you have an event coming up and are looking for an experienced, friendly team, skilled in providing medical support and pre-hospital emergency care, you can count on Wellington Free Ambulance. By considering Aotearoa’s only free ambulance service, you can have peace of mind that your event attendees are in good hands.
To enquire about Wellington Free Ambulance's Event Medical Services, you can download and complete our booking form here and email this to our team at [email protected] for a non-obligation chat and a free quote. You can send through any other enquiries to our team here.
What type of events we cover
- Sports Games – Netball, Rugby, Football, Cricket etc.
- Community/school events
- Speedway/Motor racing
- Horse events
- Open Days & Expos
What we need from you
- The name and type of event you are hosting.
- The start time, end time and date(s) of your event(s).
- How many people you are expecting and who your contact on the day might be.
- A billing address, email address and contact phone number (this is for quotation and to whom your invoice will be sent to).
What we provide at events
We provide a range of medical services, specifically tailored to your event, to ensure your attendees are safe and well-cared for. Whatever your event, you can guarantee this local, and premium, friendly service for Greater Wellington and Wairarapa Communities has your needs in mind. This includes:
- Staff with a wide range of skills and qualifications. From First Responders who can deliver pre-hospital emergency care, first aid and basic pain relief, through to Intensive Care Paramedics who are crucial for any higher-risk events.
- Direct connection to our 111 Communications Centre with tele-triage support from our dedicated team of Clinical Paramedic Advisors and nurses.
- Support and backup emergency care from Wellington Free Ambulance’s Emergency Ambulance Services.
- Ambulances and medical equipment
- Triage and Assessment Tents
- Four-wheel drive ambulance vehicles
- Golf Carts and Buggies
What it will cost
Cost is determined by several factors, including the nature of your event and the level of risk involved.
We have a formula we work through with you to make sure we provide the best cover based on the level of risk and need of your participants, staff and the public.
We want to make sure you have a successful and safe event. We’re a part of the local community just like you so work hard to keep costs real, and quality high.
Event Case Studies
You can see recent events that Wellington Free Ambulance provided event medical services at below.
Lifeflight Open Day
Island Bay Festival
Carterton Christmas Parade
NZ vs China Football Match - Sky Stadium
Other recent clients/events include: Kartsport, Summer Session at Basin Reserve, 121 Festival, Speedway, Black Caps test matches, Youth Rugby through to All Blacks, Cupa Dupa, All Whites Football Match, Ed Sheeren, The Exponents Concert, Fred Again, Eat Drink and Be Crafty, plus more.
Become a Volunteer Event Medic
Our Volunteer Event Medics are at the heart of our community work.
They cover a variety of sporting events, community fairs, live concerts, and more every single week. They also have the opportunity alongside the Heartbeat team to train community groups in CPR, and even back up our front-line crews in emergencies.