What we do
We are the only emergency ambulance service in Greater Wellington and the Wairarapa, and the only ones in the country who are free.
We are the only emergency ambulance service in Greater Wellington and the Wairarapa, and the only ones in the country who are free.Work With Us
Event Medic Support
Events and Event Medics
Across Wellington and the Wairarapa, our Event Medics are here for you, keeping you and your whānau safe and well cared for at some of our region’s coolest events.
You will see our event medics helping out at the big games, Saturday morning footy, concerts and marathons. The team are trained in general first aid and CPR, and if things get serious, they will look after you until the paramedics arrive.
They are part of a central support and coordination system led by Wellington Free Ambulance paramedics. Our service covers the Greater Wellington and Wairarapa areas.
If you have an event coming up and you’d like skilled, friendly medics on the sideline keeping things safe please read below and drop us a line.
- First aid emergency care at sports events, school fairs, community gatherings and more.
- Ambulances and medical equipment needed to do the job.
- Medical cover tailored to your needs
- Back up emergency paramedic care – event medics are directly linked to our 111 emergency ambulance service.
- Friendly caring people.
- A local service for the Wellington and Wairarapa communities.
What we need from you:
- The name and type of event you are hosting.
- The start time, end time and date(s) of your event(s).
- How many people you are expecting and who your contact on the day might be.
- A billing address, email address and contact phone number (this is for quotation and to whom your invoice will be sent to).
What will it cost?
Cost is determined by a number of factors, including the nature of your event and the level of risk involved.
We have staff with a wide range of skills and qualifications. From First Responders who can deliver first aid and basic pain relief, through to Intensive Care Paramedics who are crucial for any higher risk events.
We have a formula we work through with you to make sure we provide the best cover based on the level of risk and need of your participants, staff and the public.
We want to make sure you have a successful and safe event. We’re a part of the local community just like you so work hard to keep costs real, and quality high.
The best thing to do is talk to us by contacting us at [email protected]